Good morning my lovelies! Hope the sun’s out and shining wherever you are
When it comes to weddings I believe in the phrase “It’s your wedding, do what you want to do”. So, going by this why not try a cocktail hour that is a little different from the norm….We like the idea of cocktail ice lollies!
If your wedding is taking place in the summer, these will serve as a great idea and with a vast array of cocktails available you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting which one you want to serve on your special day.
Below I have provided you with a recipe to some delicious margarita ice lollies. And if your wedding will have children in attendance, I’ve also included a child friendly pineapple and mango smoothie recipe, so they don’t miss out!
Margarita ice lollies
Ingredients for 12
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (8-12 small limes, usually)
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 12 3 oz. disposable paper cups
- 12 wooden ice lolly sticks or spoons
- Heat water and sugar in a small sauce pan until completely dissolved and the water is clear. Leave to cool.
- Pour into a pitcher with lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur
- Pour 2 1/2 ounces (5 Tbsp.) of margarita into each cup
- Place cups into a baking dish and put the dish in the freezer
- After about 2 hours, start checking the ice lollies. Once they’re frozen enough to support the wooden stick, insert a stick into each ice lolly, pushing 3/4 of the way into it.
- Let freeze several more hours or until completely frozen
Pineapple and mango smoothie ice lollies
Ingredients for 8
- 200g Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 275g mango and pineapple pieces
- 100ml orange juice
- Whiz the smoothie ingredients in a blender until completely smooth
- Pour into ice lolly moulds and tap the ice lolly tray down gently to remove any bubbles
- Freeze until solid
- Serve immediately or keep in the freezer for about 1 week
Images via Pinterest