Writing all these winter related wedding posts has got me loving the season even more! Now we all know I prefer the warmer seasons, simply because of the hot weather, however I’m slowly being swayed to the other side! Check out my Top 10 of Stylish (and practical) Winter Wedding Ideas. You can still look fab, have a beautiful day and avoid the cold chill…Perfect!!!
1. When it comes to a winter wedding many couples opt for the traditional reds and greens. If you like the idea of this, why not try an alternative and go for a palette of jewel tones.
2. On the other hand, you could select a palette of silvers, whites, and accents of glitter, to exude a winter wonderland feel.
3. A hot winter drink would be the perfect idea to keep your guests warm and toasty. Why not create a hot chocolate bar with fun extras such as marshmallows, cream or a dash of baileys. Your guests will thank you for this!! Other alternatives could be rum punch or warm apple cider!.
4. Avoid freezing you’re a** off! You can stay both warm and glamorous with a stylish shawl of fur stole.
5. Everyone knows that if you’re going to have a Winter Wedding you need to be prepared for inclement weather. Prepare a batch of golf umbrellas, wellies and shawls ready to be handed out in case of any rain or cold breezes!
6. Opt for warm footwear particularly if you plan to take some of your photos outside. Some brides opt for Ugg boots especially if it will or has already snowed.
7. I’m a big fan of florals, and selecting the right ones can really create a beautiful aesthetic. This bride added pieces of cotton wool to her wedding bouquet, giving a look of fallen snow.
8. When it comes to wedding favours you can get as creative as you like. Check out these cute snow globes! Insert a picture of you and your fiance, along with a special message to your guests!
9. Think about adding elements of lighting! This twinkle lighting will certainly bring some character to your reception room.
10. Last but not least….cake, cake, cake! This wedding cake was hand-painted with winter inspired details. Just magical!!
Keep up with the latest: Twitter/ Facebook/ Pinterest/ Instagram
Image sources: Zac Posen Dress – Pinterest, Sequin tablescape – Tumblr, Hot Chocolate bar, Fur Wrap – Classic Bride, Scarves – Style Me Pretty, Ugg Boots – Pinterest, Bouquet – Brides, Snow Globes – I Take You, , Twinkle Lights – Style Me Pretty, Wedding Cake – Bridal Guide