Most people only get married once, which is why your wedding day photos need to be perfect! You want them to capture those precious and happy moments, so finding a wedding photographer who can deliver on just that is a must.
If you have no clue on where to start searching for a photographer, you may want to contact a local wedding planner. Undoubtedly, a planner would have worked with at least a few good photographers and should therefore be able to source one for you or provide a recommendation. Maybe you know someone who just recently wed? Why not take a look at their wedding photos, and if you like them ask for the photographer’s contact details.
Below, I’ve put together a list of 15 essential questions to ask your wedding photographer to find out whether they’re the best match for you!
- How would you define your style and approach?
- What are your rates and do you have a payment process i.e., deposit, installments, etc.?
- What is included in your rate? i.e. custom albums, USB key, retouching etc.
- How many images will we receive?
- How long will you take photos for on our wedding day?
- Do you provide a second shooter?
- Are you able to shoot a mixture of Black & White and Coloured images?
- Would you be able to incorporate some shots we have in mind? Is there an extra fee for this?
- How will you supply our images? e.g., CD, prints etc.
- What contingency plans do you have in case something goes wrong? e.g., camera fault, inclement weather, you become unwell
- Do you have insurance?
- Do you have any former clients we can contact for references?
- Can we have a look at a copy of your contract?
- Are you willing to travel?
- How can we book you as our photographer?
I hope this has been helpful! You’re wedding day is a once in a lifetime event so let your images reflect that! Do you have any other essential questions you can add to the list?